Metlox Manufacturing Company, was a manufacturer of ceramic housewares. Founded in 1927 by T. C. Prouty and his son Willis Prouty, they were located at 1200 Morningside Drive, Manhattan Beach, California. Originally a producer of outdoor ceramic signs, after the death of T.C. in 1931, Willis renamed the company Metlox Pottery, a combination of "metal" and "oxide" and began producing dinnerware. Metlox Manufacturing Company was incorporated October 5, 1933. In 1946 Evan K. Shaw, of American Pottery purchased Metlox from Willis Prouty. Following Shaws death, Kenneth Avery became the president of Metlox in 1980. There first line produced, "Poppytrail," became well known for its brightly colored glazes the result of locally mined metallic oxides. Other lines included: "California Provincial," "Colonial Homestead," "Colorstax," "Homestead Provincial," "Nostalgia" and "Red Rooster."
There are no products matching the selection.